You are on page 1of 390

Warsaw Uprising Photos

Captions by John Winner Polish language help from Tomek Basarabowicz

Soldiers of Battalion 'Chrobry II' assemble near ul. elazna.

Soldiers of Battalion 'Pi' assembled in the garden of the nursing home on ul. Karolkowa. Por. Stefan Matuszczyk 'Porawa' and mjr. Alfons Kotowski 'Oko' address a member of the battalion. In the background the 3rd platoon and nurses company.

Members of Group 'Radosaw' in Wola.

Members of Group 'Radosaw' in Wola.

Watchtower of the German prison camp Gesiwka after its liberation.

Insurgents sit on a barricade at ul. Sienna. From left to right. 'Kajtek', 'Pozorny', Miroslaw Biernacki 'General', unknown, 'Starza', Lampart', 'Wanda' and 'Zielony'.

View down ul. Sienna. The barricade is constructed from pieces of the ghetto wall that was along ul. Wielka.

Barricade at the intersection of ul. Okopowa and ul. ytnia. The name of Pk. Lis-Kuli on the banner.

Barricade on ul. Okopowa near ul. Barona in the name of Stefan Okrzei.

Barricade at the intersection of ul. Chodna and ul. Wronia.

Insurgent Renault AHN in Wola.

Column of vehicles captured by insurgents in Wola. Two Soviet built Gaz AA truck followed by a civilian Ford truck.

4 August 1944, soldiers of squadron 'Jele' in Mokotw reading a leaflet dropped from a German plane, allegedly signed by General Br-Komorowski. From left to right: wachmistrz pchor. Henryk Sobaski 'Sukowski', st. uan pchor. Ryszard Pestkowski 'Olechoicz', st. uan pchor. Wadysaw Grabiski 'Pilawa'.

Soldiers of Squadron 'Jele' in Mokotw while moving the body of the fallen ppor. Stanisaw Jenike 'Haskiego'. From left to right: uan pchor. Jzef Jezierski 'Aksak', unknown, st. uan pchor. Wadysaw Grabiski 'Pilawa', st. uan pchor. Pawe Makowski "Rapier'.

Soldiers of Squadron 'Jele' on ul. Tyniecka in Mokotw. From left to right: Deputy Squadron Commander por. Jzef Grzebski 'Wiktorowski, Squadron Commander rtm. Lech Guchowski 'Jeycki', st. uan pchor. Jzef Ruszczyski 'Lis', st. uan pchor. Konrad Pawowski 'egota'.

Soldiers of the squadron 'Jelen' on ul. Tyniecka in Mokotw.

Soldiers of Squadron 'Jele' move out for a patrol at the corner of ul. Tyniecka and ul. Odyca. On the balcony two nurses of the Squadron, from left to right: Alina Ciembroziewicz-Zabieo 'Alina' adn Maria Kosicka 'Margaret'.

Soldiers of Squadron 'Jele' on the terrace of the building on the corner of ul. Tyniecka and ul. Misyna in Mokotw. From left to right: unknown, plut. Balon 'Cepeliski', kpr. pchor. Andrzej Bontemps 'Mnich'.

Kpr. pchor. Andrzej Bontemps 'Mnich' of Squardon 'Jele' with a car captured in Mokotw.

Soldiers of Squadron 'Jele' running to a firing position with a machine gun and ammunition at Fort Legionw Dbrowsiego in Mokotw.

20 August 1944, ppk. Stanisaw Kamiski 'Daniel' reviews Companies K 1 and 'Krawiec' at ul. Puawska, they came from Chojnowski Forest to assist in the Uprising. On the left: rtm. Lech Guchowski 'Jeycki', plut. pchor. Tadeusz Krassowski 'Start', ppk. Stanisaw Kamiski 'Daniel'. Across the row from right to left: kpr. Zygfryd Winiewski 'Mciciel', strz. Jzef Kraszewski 'Kot', st. strz. Janusz Ralski 'Magnus' and st. strz. Wacaw Muszyski 'Tyka'.

Insurgent patrol on ul. Pilicka in Mokotw, probably from Squadron 'Jele'.

A group of soldiers walks with ppk. Stanisaw Kamiski 'Daniel' along ul. Krasickiego.

Insurgents run to the barricade at the corner of ul. Puawska and ul. Naruszewicza.

Insurgents run to the barricade at the corner of ul. Puawska and ul. Naruszewicza.

Insurgents at the barricade at the corner of ul. Puawska and ul. Naruszewicza.

Insurgents at the barricade at the corner of ul. Puawska and ul. Naruszewicza. The second man from the right holds a 'Byskawica' submachine gun.

Insurgents lay flowers at the grave of kpt. Jzef Szyszko 'Bachmat' in Mokotw. From left to right: por. Adam Jastrzbski 'Roan', por. Waldemar Olszewski 'Waldemar', por. Stanisaw Kietliski 'Hel', unknown, kpr. pchor. Andrzej Czarnecki 'Dulu'.

A view of burning northern Mokotw from the insurgent position on ul. Odyca.

(unknown name) 'Saw' stops people entering the tunnel under ul. Czerniakowska.

Soldiers from Platoon 218 of Company 'yrafa' in fortified position at the convent of the Sisters of the Resurrection in oliborz. Marian Kuligowski 'Lisek' mans the machine gun.

Soldiers from Platoon 218 of Company 'yrafa' in fortified position at the convent of the Sisters of the Resurrection in oliborz.

Soldiers from Company 'yrafa' in fortified positions in the convent of the Sisters of the Resurrection in oliborz.

Barricade on ul. Piwna in Stare Miasto.

Barricade and barbed wire on ul. Barokowa, behind it is the headquarters of Armia Krajowa in Stare Miasto.

Nurses in Stare Miasto pass through the barricade on ul. Piekarska at ul. Rycerska. From left to right: Teresa Kobylecka 'Grayna', Jolanta Mirosawska 'Irena' and Helena Brzozowska 'Anna'.

Visit from the commander of Group 'Krybar', kpt. Cyprian Odorkiewicz 'Krybar', to the motor column at the Konserwatorium Muzyczne on ul. Oklnik. kpt. Cyprian Odorkiewicz 'Krybar' is on the right, deputy of the 8th motor column, Wacaw Jastrzbowski 'Aspira' is on the left holding a cuff title of the 5.SS-Panzer-Division 'Wiking', which was found in a captured Sd.Kfz. 251.

An Sd.Kfz. 251 captured from 5.SS-Panzer-Division 'Wiking' by members of the Group 'Krybar'. The vehicle was named 'Szary Wilk' by the 8th motor column and is sitting in the Konserwatorium Muzycznym courtyard on ul. Oklnik.. It appears that the Sd.Kfz. 251 belonged to the Nachrichtenfernaufklarungskompanie of Division 'Wiking'.

The captured Sd.Kfz. 251 'Szary Wilk' makes its way up ul. Tamka. It is part of the 8th motor column of Group 'Krybar'.

Armored car 'Kubu' of the 8th motor colum of Group 'Krybar' in the courtyard of the Konserwatorium Muzycznym. The car was built on the chassis of a Chevrolet 157 van.

Captured Jagdpanzer 38(t) at the intersection of Plac Napoleona and ul. Szpitalna, it was named 'Chwat' by the insurgents.

Captured Jagdpanzer 38(t) at the intersection of Plac Napoleona and ul. Szpitalna, it was named 'Chwat' by the insurgents.

Group 'Elektrownia' at the power plant in Powile.

Insurgent setting up a barricade at the gate of ul. Ksica 6.

Insurgents on patrol at the exit of ul. Obona, on the left is strz. Tadeusz Gnerowicz 'Szary' of 4th Company of the Group 'Krybar'.

Barricade on ul. Tamka.

Soldiers of Company 'Anna' of Battalion 'Gustaw' of Group 'Rg' at the corner of ul. Bracka and Widok. Form left to right: ppor. Jerzy Siwiec 'Jur', plut. Tadeusz Puacz ' Tadek', plut. Tadeus Gurbiel 'Gra', kpr. Andrzej Janowski 'Dab' (facing away), kpr. Jerzy Wilhelmi 'Wilk', kpr. Jerzy Janczewski 'Olsta', plut. pchor. Jerzy Sikorski 'Sixton', kpr. Tadeusz Olesiski 'Zotko' (in four cornered cap), ppor. Henryk Oarek 'Henio', strz. Zygmunt yczkowski 'czyc', por. Wojciech Sarnecki 'Wojtek' (facing away), kpr. Jerzy yczkowski 'an', kpr. Mieczysaw Karowicz 'Pilot', kpr. Aleksander Lipka 'Aleksander', kpr. Jerzy Majkowski 'Czarny', kpr. Stanisaw Wichrowski 'Ignac', ppor. Tadeusz Lawiski 'Ludwik', st.strz. Stanisaw Staczyk 'Szary', kpr. Mieczysaw Mester 'Miecio', ppor. Gabriel Rechowicz 'Rak', kpr. Ryszard Kopiski 'Ry', kpr. Janusz Siedlanowski 'Granat'.

Soldiers of the 101st (Scout) and 116th platoons of the 2nd Company of Battalion 'Bartliewicz' fighting in Plac Malacowski. From left to right: st. strz. Stefan Matyjaskiewicz 'Stefak', kpr. Lotar Kozoeski 'Ilgierd', Edmund Malinowski 'Muniek'.

20 August 1944, Soldiers of the unit 'Chwaty' on ul. Mokotowska at Plac Trzech Krzyy, in front of the Bureau of information and Propaganda Headquarters, fourth from the left is Zygmunt Ziek 'Sawa' (in the lght colored coat). In the background is koci w. Aleksandra (St. Alexander Church).

24 August 1944, soldiers of the Company 'Grayna' of Battalion 'Harna' in the koci witego Krzya (Holy Cross Church). The first man from the left is kpr. pchor. Jerzy Wodarczyk 'Ghandi'.

23 August 1944, soldiers of the Comapny 'Janusz' of Battalion 'Harna' in the courtyard of the Police Station after its capture. Plut. pchor. Adam Podkliski hold a PIAT anti-armor grenade launcher.

23 August 1944, soldiers of the Comapny 'Janusz' of Battalion 'Harna' in the courtyard of the Police Station after its capture. Plut. pchor. Adam Podkliski hold a PIAT anti-armor grenade launcher.

Soldiers of the 3rd Platoon of the assault Company of Battalion 'Kiliski' at the barricade at the intersection of ul. Krochmalna and ul. Gryzbowska. From left to right: Stanisaw Wielgo 'Karcz', Modest Abrataski 'Szatan', Zbigniew Szostkiewicz 'Bohun', Wojciech L. Strzyewski 'Jontek', Stefan Rek 'Granit', Wojciech Wyczaski 'Wojczan' Tadzeusz Zaucki 'Jzkw', strz. Zdzisaw Jarzcki 'Witold'.

Soldiers of the 3rd Platoon of the assault Company of Battalion 'Kiliski' near the intersection of ul. Krochmalna and ul. Gryzbowska.

Soldiers of Battalion 'Kiliski' at ul. Krochmalna 17, pictured are Tadeusz Grecki 'Pawe' and Zygmunt Tarczyski 'Marek'.

Soldiers of the Battalion 'Miosz' in Plac Trzech Krzyy. From left to right: 'Wadek', 'Czekolada', Dewajtis', 'Jastrzb'. In the background can be seen kocioa w. Aleksandra (St. Alexander Church).

Sd.Kfz. 251/1 Ausf. D captured by insurgents of Company 101 of Battalion 'Bocza' of Group 'Rg' in the gate to Plac Zamkowym in Stare Miasto. The vehicle was captured on 7 August 1944.

Insurgent manning a 7.92 mm 'Browning' wz. 30 on ul. Bartoszewicz.

2 August 1944, two insurgents armed with pistols at ul. Bracka 23. The nearest pistol is a Pistolet ViS wz. 35 and the other is a Walther P38.

Insurgents crossing the street near ul. Bracka 20.

9 August 1944, barricade on ul. Bracka.

10 August 1944, soldiers of Platoon 569 of Battalion 'uka' in front of the headquarters at ul. Chmiela 57.

17 August 1944, felled trees lying on the sidewalk of Plac Henryka Dbrowskiego. From the left: Goldstand house (corner of Plac Dbrowski 8 and ul. Kredytowa 9), Paac Szlenkiera ( Plac Dbrowski 6) and Plac Dbrowski 4.

22 August 1944, bomb crater in Plac Henryka Dbrowskiego near ul. Kredytowa.

View from ul. Moniuszki in the direction of ul. witokrzyska, on the right of the photo are the even numbered buildings.

26 August 1944, ul. Strona between ul. Bracka and ul. Marszakowska.

Observation of Aleje Jerozolimskie.

24 August 1944, buildings opposite the koci witego Krzya (Holy Cross Church), a Sturmgeschtz III of an unknown unit sit knocked out on Krakowskie Przedmiecie.

View of Paac Staszica from the koci witego Krzya (Holy Cross Church)

View of the koci witego Krzya (Holy Cross Church) looking past the Copernicus monument from Paac Staszica.

24 August 1944, view looking out of the koci witego Krzya (Holy Cross Church) past the fugure of Christ.

Insurgents armed with a PIAT in the ruins of the house at ul. Krlewska 16, from left to right: Piotr Kurek 'Wesoy', Kazimierz Idkowski 'Kajus', Jan Baazy 'Czarny'.

View down ul. Marszakowska, the first barricade is at ul. Sienna the second barricade is at ul. witokrzyska.

Ul. Marszakowska, on the left is the Towarzystwo Ubezpiecze 'Rosja' (Insurance Building 'Russia'), just past it is the intersection with ul. Sienkiewicza.

Insurgents at a gate on ul. Marszakowska, one of them is armed with a machine pistol 'Byskawica'.

Barricade on ul. Szpitalna, in the background is the Prudential building.

6 August 1944, barricade separating ul. Szpitalna and Plac Napleona, the immoblized Jagdpanzer 38(t) 'Chwat' which was captured 2 August 1944 makes up part of the barricade.

6 August 1944, barricade separating ul. Szpitalna and Plac Napleona, the immoblized Jagdpanzer 38(t) 'Chwat' which was captured 2 August 1944 makes up part of the barricade.

6 August 1944, barricade separating ul. Szpitalna and Plac Napleona, the immoblized Jagdpanzer 38(t) 'Chwat' which was captured 2 August 1944 makes up part of the barricade.

6 August 1944, barricade separating ul. Szpitalna and Plac Napleona, the immoblized Jagdpanzer 38(t) 'Chwat' which was captured 2 August 1944 makes up part of the barricade.

1 September 1944, insurgents from Stare Miasto exit the sewers on ul. Warecka after a journey of several hours.

1 September 1944, three soldiers that have escaped from Stare Miasto through the sewers and exited at ul. Warecka.

Koci witego Krzya (Holy Cross Church) burning.

View of the Fire Hall.

Insurgents fighting from the PAST-a building.

Insurgents entering the PAST-a (Polska Akcyjna Spka Telefoniczna) building.

On ul. Zielna water is fired onto the burning PAST-a (Polska Akcyjna Spka Telefoniczna) building.

The burning PAST-a (Polska Akcyjna Spka Telefoniczna) building viewed from ul. Zielna.

Insurgent with a flamethrower during the fight for the PAST-a building.

The barricade in front of the Main Post Office building shortly after its capture by insurgents.

Insurgents in firing positions near the Prudential building.

Officers of the Group 'Pnoc' near the Palladium cinema in rdmieciu. From left to right: kpt. Lucjan Fajer 'Ognisty', mjr. Wodzimierz Kozakiewicz 'Barry', czniczka Irena Kwiatkowska 'Basia', Commander of Group 'Pnoc' pk. Karlo Ziemski 'Wachnowski', por. Eugeniusz Ihnatowicz-Suczyski 'Eugeniusz', kpt. Alfred Pokultinis 'Fon'.

Insurgents in firing positions, unknown street.

Scouts from Platoon 438 which formed part of the three Companies of Battalion 'Chrobry II' firing into the area of ul. Towarowa and ul. elazna.

29 August 1944, a group of insurgents at the headquarters on ul. Widok.

About 3 August 1944, insurgents at the building at ul. Bracka 20.

Father and son on ul. Warecka, behind them can be seen the main post office, and the Goldstanda building at the corner of Plac Napoleona 3 and ul. Sienkiewicz.

Insurgents after escaping from Stare Miasto through the sewers and exiting on ul. Warecka.

20 August 1944, Insurgents at the building where German prisoners are being held at the corner of ul. Marszakowska 136 and witokrzyska 44.

Barricaed on ul. Szpitalna near ul. Chimielna.

Insurgent man a barricade, unknown place.

22 August 1944, barricade on ul. Szpitalna.

Barricade at the interesction of Nowy wiat and ul. Pierackiego, on the corner is the Branicki house at Nowy wiat 32 and Pierackiego 18.

Barricade at the intersection of ul. elazna and ul. Sienna, from left to right are the tenements elazna 34 and the corner of elazna 32 and Sienna 78.

Barricade on ul. Duga, from left to right are the Forsetier building (Duga 27) and the Hotel Polski (Duga 29).

Barricade on ul. Sapieyska and ul. Bonifraterska, on the right is the Hospital Jana Boego.

Barricade on ul. witokrzyska between ul. Jasna and ul. Mazowiecka. The view is towards ul. Mazowiecka, from the left visible buildings are: witokrzyska 30, witokrzyska 28, in the background is the Strakliski building (witokrzyska 28 and Mazowiecka 2).

Insurgents laying telephone wire at the intersection of ul. Jasna and ul. Moniuszki.

The guardhouse at the gate of the house at ul. Chmielna 61, Jerzy Moszczyski 'Kmicic', part of the 1st platoon, 2nd Scout Artillery Battery 'bik' calls in information on the enemy.

An insurgent working on telephone lines at ul. Wilcza 14

17 August 1944, motorpump used to fight fires during the Uprising in Plac Napoleona.

Insurgents transport a water pump down ul. Moniuszki. View towards Plac Napoleona on the right is the Warsaw Philharmonic on the corner of Moniuszki 3 and ul. Jasna 12.

Insurgents in a captured Borgward truck in front of ul. Tamka 41 and 43.

22 August 1944, German prisoners in the courtyard of the PKO building.

German prisoners from the PKO building are led down ul. Jasna past the Filharmonia Warszawska (Warsaw Philharmonic).

6 September 1944, German soldiers in the Mirowski Square area.

5 August 1944, evacuation of the houses on Plac Zawiszy and Aleje Jerozolimskie.

Insurgents from the Battalions 'Golski' and 'Zaremba-Piorun' being disarmed near the corner of ul. Sierpnia and Aleje Niepodlegoci.

View of ul. Chodna between ul. Biaa and ul. elazna. Visible on the right: Wojciech Majewicz (corner of Chodna 26 and ul. elazna), Chodna 24, Chodna 22, Chodna 20, Chodna 18.

View down ul. Szpitalna in the direction of Plac Napoleona.

PAST-a (Polska Akcyjna Spka Telefoniczna) building burning.

The Prudential building of fire.

Panther tank captured by the Battalion 'Zoka' of Group 'Radosaw'. Note the checkerboard marking on the front of the tank.

Panther tank captured by the Battalion 'Zoka' of Group 'Radosaw'.

Insurgent behind a small barricade at ul. Zakroczymska 15 in Stare Miasto.

German Panzerkampfwagen IV on ul. Pankiewicza pointing in the direction of Aleje Jerozolimskie. In front of it is an Sd.Kfz. 303 'Goliath'. On the other side of Aleje Jerozolimskie can be seen Gwna train station.

Sd.Kfz. 251 'Szary Wilk' on ul. Tamka.

Sd.Kfz. 251 possibly at Paac Krasiskich. Note checkerboard pattern on the side.

Armored Chevrolet 157 van used by Insurgents.

Gun captured by Battalion 'Chrobry I' sits in Krasinski park.

30 August 1944, Insurgent position at the barricade on ul. Solec, looking towards Poniatowski bridge.

Kbelwagen captured by insurgents, outside the Sisters of St. Elizabeth Hostpital on ul. Goszczyskiego in Mokotw.

6 August 1944, German Saurer mail bus captured by insurgents in the courtyard of the Main Post Office. In the middle with the light berret is Joachim Joachimczyk (cinematographer).

An insurgent runs behins a barricaed on ul. Marszakowska under fire.

An insurgent moving behind the barricade on ul. Marszakowska and ul. Sienna under fire.

Insurgent of the Company 'Koszta' firing from the gate at ul. Moniuszki.

1st week of Auguat 1944, destroyed streetcar No. 1 (Wawrzyszewska-Wierzbno run) on ul. Marszakowsk near ul. Moniuszki. To the right are the beginnings of a barricade being built.

Destroyed Ford truck on ul. Marszakowska between ul. Sienna and ul. Zota. This is a view of the odd numbered side of the street.

Observation post in the building at ul. Moniuszki near Plac Napeleona. He is armed with a 'Byskawica' machine pistol.

Barricade on ul. witokrzyska near ul. Jasna and the PKO building, looking to the west.

View down ul. witokrzyska from ul. Jasna.

Kpr. Pchor. Antoni Tuleja 'Niedwied' from Company Koszta' rides a motorcycle down ul. Moniuszki.

Destroyed streetcar No. 1 (Wawrzyszewska-Wierzbno run) forms part of the barricade at ul. Marszakowska 127.

An insurgent armed with a flamethrower runs across the street in the direction of 'Capitol' cinema at ul. Marszakowska 115.

Streetcar No. 1 (Wawrzyszewska-Wierzbno run) on ul. Marszakowska between ul. Moniuszki and ul. witokrzyska, view from the loft of Marszakowska 124/128 (the building of the Towarzystwa Ubezpiecze 'Rosja' (Insurance Company 'Russia')).

View of the alley from Plac Malachowskiego between the Labour Office and the Evangelical Bank Credit Facility ( Plac Malachowski 2/4), in the background is hte Eavangelical-Lutheran Church that was destroyed in 1939.

A partialy armored Chevrolet 157 van on ul. Jasna.

Barricade seperating Plac Napoleona and ul. Szpitalna built around the immoble Jagdpanzer 38 (t) 'Chwat'.

Boena Grabowska 'Magda' and kpr. Pchor. Antoni Tuleja 'Niedwied' in the yard of the house at ul. Moniuszki 11.

Insurgents fill sandbags in the yard of the house at ul. Moniuszki 11.

Young insurgent Zbigniew lakowski 'Kdziorek' walks down ul. Zgoda. He is wearing a fireman's helmet.

Captured German Steyr Kfz. 15 moving down ul. Sienkiewicz between ul. Jasna and ul. Marszakowska.

20 August 1944, insurgents of the Company 'Koszta' in the bazaar behind the PAST-a building at the corner of ul. Zielna and ul. Bagno.

20 August 1944, Insurgents watching near the PAST-a building on ul. Zielna.

View of the courtyard of Paac Zamoyskich adjacent to the Police Station. In the center is a Mercedes truck.

23 August 1944, insurgents patrol the yard of the Police Station at Krakowskie Przedmiecie 1, in the foreground is strz. Janusz Ornatowski 'Roland'.

Observation post on the fourth floor of the ruined building at ul. Marszakowska 31. At the window is kpr. pchor. Stanisaw Kubin 'Tadzio' of 3rd Company of Battalion 'Golski'.

Barricade at the corner of ul. Marszakowska and ul. Wilcza looking north.

24 August 1944, courtyard of the maa PAST on ul. Piusa XI (now ul. Pikna) the day after it was captured. Next to the car is ppor. Henryk Rusinowski 'Huragan' commander of Platoon 150 od Company 5 of Battalion 'Golski'.

24 August 1944, knocked out German tank, Carro Armato M13/41 near the maa PAST on ul. Piusa XI (now ul. Pikna) after the capture of the building by insurgents.

Barricade at the interesction of ul. Marszakowska and ul Wilca. Buildings from left to right: arszakowska 68/70, corner of Marszakowska 66 and Wilcza 34, Marszakowska 64.

Barricade at the intersection of yl. Skorupki and ul. Marszakowska. The buildings are from left to right: Taubenhaus (Marszakowska 72 and Skorupki 1) and Taubenhaus (Marszakowska 68/70 and Skorupki 2), the two bulidings are the same.

View down ul. Marszakowska from ul. Skorupki. Down the right side run from front to back: Taubenhaus (Marszakowska 72), tenement 'Pod Husarzem' (Marszakowska 74), ul. Hoza, Marszakowska 76, 78, 80, ul. Wsplna, Marszakowska 82, 84.

View down ul. Mokotowska, on the left is the bombed out building on the corner of ul. Mokotowska and ul. Wilca.

Barricade at ul. Boduena and ul. Szpitalna, in the background is the Main Post Office building.

Barricade at ul. Chipina 13, insurgents of Platoon 137 of Company 'Tadeusz' of Battalion 'Ruczaj'.

An assault subunit of I Company of Battalion KB 'Sok' in front of the building at ul. Nowogrodzka 3/5, the battalion headquarters. One of the men standing is Stanisaw Sasinowski 'bik', in front two young liaisons, Peretz Hochman 'Cwaniak' and Zalman Hochman 'MikiBandyta'.

Soldier of the Battalion OW KB 'Sok' at the barricade on ul. Bracka between buildings 9 and 12.

Soldier of the Battalion OW KB 'Sok' at the barricade on ul. Bracka between buildings 9 and 12.

Greenhouse in the courtyard of the Czechoslovakian Legation at Koszykowa 18, in the background is the building at Chipina 15. The vehicle is a Citreon.

Partial barricade on ul. Koszykowa near the Czechoslovakian Legation building. The visible buildings are Koszykowa 21 (left) and Koszykowa 23 (right). Note the Holzgas equipment on the truck.

View of the intersection of ul. Koszkowa and ul. Natoliska from the Czechoslovakian Legation buliding. A barrier of 'Spanish goats' runs down the street, next to it is an Sd.Kfz. 303 'Goliath'.

Insurgents from Company 'Tadeusz' of Battalion 'Ruczaj' in the inner courtyard of the Czechoslovakian Legation building at Koszykowa 18. On the left is the Russian officer Ivan Jachimow 'Wanka' fighting in the ranks of the Company (died 18 August 1944). On his right is ppor. Wadysaw Zajdler 'arski' commander of Platoon 137.

View of the intersection of ul. Jasna and ul. witokrzyska in the direction of ul. Marszakowska, on the right is the tenement witokrzyska 36/38/40.

Insurgents of Battalion 'Sok' duck behind the wall for protection from the BGK (Bank Gospodarstwa Krajowego) garden.

An insurgent and young insurgent on ul. Wilcza viewed from the building at Wilcza 12.

The barricade on ul. Chmielna between ul. Sosnowa and ul. elazna near the Technical College. The view is to the west.

Insurgents on the barricade at the corner of ul Wilcza and ul. Marszakowska, in the background are the resurant 'Ziemiaska' and the store of J. Fraget. The view is to the east.

An insurgent of Battalion 'Ruczaj' near the intersection of ul. Mokotowska and ul. Koszykowa. The view is towards Plac Zbawiciela.

About 7 August 1944, two boys in a destroyed truck on ul. Kredytowa, in the background is the Glassa building at Kredytowa 6.

Barricade at the intersection of ul. Zota and ul. Marszakowska looking towards the west. Just visible on the right is Zota 10 and across the street is the building at Zota 12/Marszakowska 115.

Insurgent in a trench on ul. Duga in Stare Miasto. He is firing a Mauser rifle at German Panzergrenadiere in the Katedrze Wojska Polskiego (Polish Army Catherdral).

Barricade at the intersection of ul. Wilcza and ul. Krucza, the view is toward Aleje Ujazdowskie.

View down ul. Wilcza from the 3rd story window of Wilcza 29, The barricade is at the intersection with ul. Marszakowska.

1st or 2nd October, nurse Henryka Wieczorek 'Heniuta' with a Pistolet ViS wz. 35 at a gate in Plac Dabrowski.

Por. Stefan Szempliski 'Stefan' from Company 'Anna' of Battalion 'Gustaw' standing in front of the Hotel Victoria at ul. Jasna 26. He is holding the first and last pay for men of his Company.

1st or 2nd August 1944, barricade at ul. Sienna and ul. Wielka, the barricade is being built at ul. Sienna 19-20. View in the direction of ul. Sosnowa.

6 August 1944, barricade made of German vehicles on ul. Warecka at the Main Post Office.

6 August 1944, barricade of German cars on ul. Warecka at the Main Post Office (on the left), view from Plac Napoleona towards Nowy wiat.

9 August 1944, Insurgents on a motorcyle at the corner of ul. Jasna and ul. witokrzyska, the view is towards Plac Dabrowski.

23 August 1944, the so called 'Wall of Wine' and part of Paac Zamoyskich. In the back ground is the roof of koci witego Krzya (Holy Cross Church). Photo taken from ul. Czackiego.

13 August 1944, bike patrol of Platoon 1150 on Plac Dabrowski, view to the north.

Sturmpanzer IV (tactical number 7) of Sturmpanzer-Abteilung z.b.V. 218 on ul. Pankiewicz.

End of July 1944, a group of German soldiers pull a Nebelwerfer along Aleje Jerozolimskie. The photo was taken from the corner of ul. Krucza. In the background are the buildings at Aleje Jerozolimskie 16 and 14.

1 August 1944, insurgents gather at the Lutheran cemetery on ul Karolkowa in Wola. They are from Platoon 'Agaton' of battalion 'Pi'. From left to right: unknown, st.strz. Kazimierz Piechotka 'Jacek' (facing away), kpr. Czesaw Wegner 'Bartek', Stanisaw jankowski 'Agaton' (sitting), the gate of the cemetery from ul. Okopowa is visible behind them.

View of ul. Marszakowska viewed from the building at Marszakowska 212 to the south. On the left side: Marszakowska 120, 118, 116, ul. Zota, Marszakowska 114, 112, 110.

Barricade on ul. Sienna at the intersection with ul. Wielka, a small collection of Molotov Cocktails have been collected. Visible past the barricade are the buildings Sienna 5/7, 3 and 1 (on the corner of ul. Marszakowska)

View from Plac Mirowski towards ul. Ptasiej. Visible on the left are Plac Miroski 12, 10 and 8, ul. Mirowska.

2 August 1944, soldiers of tank Platoon 'Wacek' of Battalion 'Zoka' on a captured Panther near ul. Okopowa. In the black beret is Jan Uniewski 'Lumeski'.

Captured Sd.Kfz. 251 named 'Szary Wilk' is part of the 8th motor column of Group 'Krybar' on ul. Powila. From the right to left: plut. pchor. Adam Dewicz 'Szary Wilk' armed with an MP 40, Column Commaner ppor. Wacaw Jastrzbowski 'Aspira'.

Possibly Plac Pisudskiego

A captured truck used by Company 'Czata 49'.

Ritterkreuztrger SS-Gruppenfhrer Heinz Reinefarth discusses the situation with some SS and Wehrmacht officers.

Soldiers from SS-Sonderbrigade "Dirlewanger" in window of townhouse at ul. Focha 9. In the glass reflection one can see details of the townhouse on the opposite side of the street at ul. Focha 8.

Germans shelling Town Hall and Paac Blanka with a 7.5-cm-Pak 40 from the corner of ul. Wierzbowa and Plac Teatralny.

SS troops march past ul. Chodna 5, ahead on the right is the Fire Barracks. Contray to popular belief these are most likely not men of SS-Sonderregiment 'Dirlewanger'.

201st schwere Stellungswerfer Regiment bombing Old Town and the North rdmiecie district from the intersection of ul. elazna and ul. ytnia.

Wehrmacht troops head up ul. Krlewskiej, to the right is Ogrd Saski (Saxon Gardens).

Soldiers of Heeres Artillerie Batterie 638 run towards the Karl-Gert 040 60cm Mrser Nr. VI "Ziu" which was used in firiing on of Old Town from Sowiski Park in Wola district. In the background stands a statue of General Sowiski.

Civilians of Wola are led down ul. Wolska, probably in early August when the Massacre of Wola happened. The dark buliding on the left side of the street is ul. Wolska 66 at the corner of ul. Syreny. The white building on the right is ul. Wolska 67. To the left a "Marder" II probably from the 5th SS Panzer Division.

German soldiers next to Hala Mirowskia. A view from intersection of ul. Zimna and ul. Ptasia at the north wall of the East building.

Soldiers crossing ul. Krlewska from Ogrd Saski (Saxon Gardens), group of infantrymen take cover behind buildings.

SS troops (probably from SS-Sonderregiment 'Dirlewanger) on ul. Focha Street attack towards Town Hall and Paac Blanka.

Stug III and 2 schwerer Ladungstrger Borgward B IVc of 3./Pz.Abt. (Fkl) 302 near the statue of Prince Jzef Poniatowski in Plac Pisudskiego.

Knocked out StuG III near Krakowskie Przedmiecie 20/22 near koci witego Krzya (Holy Cross Church)

SS troops (probably from SS-Sonderregiment 'Dirlewanger) on ul. Focha Street advance towards Town Hall and Paac Blanka.

German troops watch as displaced Polish civilians enter Koci w. Wojciecha (Church of St. Adalbert).

A German soldier runs across ul. Bielaska towards Plac Teatralny.

German soldiers pulling a 3.7cm PaK on Plac elaznel Bramy, behind them are the ruins of the Krzemiskich house.

German soldiers pulling a 3.7cm PaK, behind them are the east side of the ruins of the Krzemiskich house.

Germans attacking Town Hall and Paac Blanka from behind columns of Teatr Wielki on Plac Teatralny.

Members of Battalion "Kiliski" after securing the PAST-a building on 20 August 1944. From left to right: Zbigniew Maliski "Sawicz", Edward Mortko "Tumry" with machine gun, Kazimierz Zagrski "Barbara" and Bernard Zieliski "Poabski".

Insurgents from Battalion "Kiliski" fire at the PAST-a building from the barricade on ul. Zielna.

Members of Platoon 163, Company "Wigry", Battalion "Kiliski". Holding the machine pistol "Byskawica" is Henryk Borecki "Smutniak".

3rd Company "Szare Szeregi Junior", Battalion "Kiliski" in the High Shool of St. Wojciecha

German movements are observed on the other side of the Wisa river by Captain Stefan Mich "Kmita" of Company "Koszta" from a high floor of the Prudential building.

Insurgents of Company "Koszta" read surrender terms sent by General von dem Bach. Second from the left is Tadeusz Suliski "Radwan" (wearing glasses) and next to him in the helmet is Andrzej Gwczewski "Marek".

Group of insurgents from company "Koszta" with flame throwers in front of "Ulrich's" store at the corner of Moniuszki and Marszakowska.

Insurgents from Battalion "Ruczaj" after fight for maa PAST building take pictures at the main entrance at ul. Piusa 19 next to a bunker.

Captain Cyprian Odorkiewicz "Krybar" (right) is seen speaking with Wacaw Jastrzbowski "Aspira" (left). Wacaw Jastrzbowski was the commander of the motorized column. They are meeting in the park near the Consevatory of Music.

An Sd.Kfz. 251 captured by the Polish insurgents, from 8-th "Krybar" Regiment, on Na Skarpie Boulevard on August 14, 1944 from 5th SS 'Wiking' division. This picture taken in Oklnik gardens. Standing first from the right Capitan Cyprian Odorkiewicz "Krybar" commander of Group "Krybar". To the left of him, the insurgent with the Polish flag armband is Wacaw Jastrzbowski "Aspira". In the foreground are reporters and film crew of insurgent press.

An Sd.Kfz. 251 captured by the Polish insurgents from 8-th "Krybar" Regiment, on Na Skarpie Boulevard on August 14, 1944 from 5.SS-Pz.Div. "Wiking". Bringing the transport into Insurgent controlled territory through barricade on ul. Kopernik. The insurgents gave the vehicle name "Gray Wolf" and used it in attack on Warsaw University.

Wojciech Sarnecki "Wojtek" runs for cover under enemy fire after an unsuccesful attempt to break out of Old Town to the rdmiecie District. He is a member of Company "Anna", Battalion "Gustaw".

Soldiers of the Compnay "Grayna" of Batallion "Gustaw" of Group "Rg" fight from within koci witego Krzya (Holy Cross Church).

23 August 1944, Soldiers of the Company "Grayna" of Batallion "Gustaw" of Group "Rg" at the side entrance of the koci witego Krzya (Holy Cross Cross).

Insurgents from Battalion "Chrobry I" in front of German police station Nordwache at the junction of ul. Chodna and ul. elazna.

Soldiers of tank platoon "Wacek", Company "Giewont", Battalion "Zoka" on a German Panther tank on the corner of ul. Okopowa and ul. ytnia.

Soldiers from Battalion "Czata 49" with a captured motorcycle. In the back courier Anna Wyganowska "Ewa" talking with "Kropka".

Colonel Stanisaw Kamiski "Daniel" reviews troops of Company "Krawiec", Group "Ry" in front of ul. Puawskiej 130. They came from Chojnowskich forest to assist in the uprising. From left to right: Colonel Stanisaw Kamiski "Daniel", unknown woman, Lieutenant Henryk Maciejewski "Lech", Kazimierz Pyrka, unknown man, Ksawery Frank "Kiejstut".

Barricade at the intersection of ul. Krucza and ul. Wsplna.

Medical unit at ul. Moniuszki 9 on August 5, 1944. From the left: Elbieta (Gabriela) Karska "Joasia" (wounded on Sep. 7 on ul. Nowy wiat), regional head of medical units Dr. Zofia Lejmbach "Ra" (wounded on Sep. 7 in hospital at ul. Chmielna), Danuta Laskowska "Dorota", name not known "Magorzata", Halina Wojtczak-Fijakowska "Halszka" (wounded on Aug. 24 during attack on Police Station), Wanda Grochowska-wiciska "Alicja", Dr. Danuta Staszewska "Marta" (died on Sep. 7 on ul. Nowy wiat). On the side: Melania StaniewiczWolska "Ewa Samarytanka".

Insurgents with an MG34 in a balcony at Aleje Jerozolimskie 22.

One of the German POW's from PAST-a building at ul. Zielna 37, was a SS-Sturmscharfhrer, who supposedly was terrorizing other defenders.

Filling of sand bags by civilian population in the courtyard of townhouse at ul. Moniuszki 11.

Arrival of Polish officers at the capitulation negotiations. In the background is Noakowskiego 4.

Preperation of sandbags to barricade around the Barbican. In the background can be seen Podwale 27, Nowomiejsksa 25 and Koci Paulinw, w. Ducha i w. Pawa Pustelnika (Church of the Holy Spirit and St. Paul the Hermit)

Insurgents, from left to right, Henry Oarek "Henio" and Tadeusz Przybyowski "Roma" fighting on ul. Kredytowej. These men were from Company "Anna" of Battalion "Gustaw". Henry Oarek has a Pistolet ViS wz. 35 and Tadeusz Przybyowski has a Byskawica submachine gun.

A courier of the Polish insurgents runs across Nowy wiat, between 33 and 39 under German fire.

Kierbed Bridge viewed from Praga district towards Royal castle and burning Old Town.

Statue of Christ at the koci witego Krzya (Holy Cross Church)

Hala Mirowska burning.

Barricade made of trams, looking south towards the intersection of ul. Mynarskiej and ul. Wolsk.

On 1 August 1944 the first German POWs are taken from the Main Post Office building to the PKO building.

On 1 August 1944 the first German POWs are being moved from the Main Post Office building to the PKO building. Here they are being marched past a the barriced at ul. Jasna 7.

2 August 1944, Soldiers of the "Zoka" Battalion walking from ul. Okopowa to the Evangelical Cemetery in Wola.

2 August 1944, insurgent of Battalion "Pi" on the roof of the undertakers house at the Evangelical Cemetery in Wola.

1 August 1944. officers of Battalion "Pi", from left to right: Major Alfons Kotowski "Oko" commanding officer of Battalion "Pi", Kazimierz Iranek-Osmecki "Makary", Stanisaw Jankowski "Agaton", the man with his back to the camera is unknown.

1 August 1944, Major Alfons Kotowski "Oko", leader of Battalion "Pi", with a captured German flag. He is surrounded by members of Platoon "Agathon" in the Evangelical Cemetery in Wola.

4 August 1944, soldiers of the Warsaw Company, Battalion "Czata 49" on ul. Wolska near ul. Karolkowej. The Company was commanded by Zdzisaw Zoociski "Piotr".

3 August 1944, Insurgents of Company "Koszta" attack from the corner of ul. Sienkiewicza and ul. Marszakowska.

7 August 1944, German Truck serving as a barricade against fire from the Saxon Garden on ul. Marszalkowska near ul. Moniuszki. View to the south.

On 5 August 1944, Polish soldiers from Battalion "Zoka" liberated Jewish prisoners from Gsiowka, a German Camp in Warsaw. This soldier is from Company "Giewont". The only known prisoners in this photo are the four in front, from left to right: Mari Moreck, Hank Lux (lives in Australia), Bronisaw Miodowski (later Bernard Miodon from Paris) and Renata Preczep (later Lubiska).

5 August 1944, three soldiers from Platoon II "Alek", Company "Rudy", Battalion "Zoka" in Gsiwka prison camp. From left to right: Wojciech Omya "Wojtek" (killed 8 Aug 1944), Juliusz Bogdan Deczkowski "Laudaski" and Tadeusz Milewski "wik" (killed later that day). A few minutes after this photo was taken a German bullet hit the wall above their heads.

5 August 1944, three soldiers from Company "Giewont", Battalion "Zoka" in Gsiwki prison camp. The man in the center is Stanislaw Kozicki "Howelera", on the right is Micha wiatopekMirski "Orlicz".

5 Aug 1944, here is one insurgent and two released prisoners from Gsiowka, a German prison camp. The insurgent has been identified as Juliusz Bogdan Deczkowski "Laudaski". In total 348 prisoners were liberated.

5 cm Pak 38 and 80 rounds of ammunition captured on 11 August 1944 by members of Platoon I commanded by Tadeusz Wsowski "Tadzik", Company "Bolek", Group "Lenik". Photo taken in Krasiskich Gardens.

Jewish prisoners of Gsiowka, a German prison camp in Warsaw, liberated in August 5, 1944, with Polish soldiers from Company "Giewont", Battalion "Zoka". In this group are insurgents from Platoon "Alek", Company "Rudy", Battalion "Zoka", Group "Radosaw". In the middle with rifle Mieczysaw Szymaczuk "Szymbor", on the left with rifle Jan Makowelski "Pytek".

Major Reck oversees the preparing of an Sd.Kfz.303 Goliath, at the corner of ul. Powzkowska and ul. Okopowa, for use against the insurgents of Bataillon "Pi" in the Temlera tannery. August 11 1944.

Sd.Kfz. 303 "Goliath" V-Motor being pulled past St. Karola Boromeusza church graveyard to attack the tannery being defended by insurgents of the battalion "Piesc"on ul. Powzkowska, 11 Aug 1944.

German units on ul. Piaskowa, prepare "Goliaths" for attack.

August 13 1944 at about 10:00 am the Germans sent this remote controled demolition vehicle through the gap in a barricade on Podware Street. The Germans ceased fire and withdrew. An order was issued to stay clear of the vehicle. Later, about 17:00 another group of insurgents took contol of the vehicle an took it into the streets of Old Town. Some time later an attempt to get it past a barricade on Kiliskiego Street the 500 kg explosive charge went off, igniting the store of Molotov cocktails stored at 3 Kiliskiego Street. About 300 insurgents and civilians were killed in the blast.

Two nurses and a soldier (right) from Battalion "Parasol" after coming out of sewers at Warecka Street near Nowy wiat. In the center is Maria Stypukowska-Chojecka "Kama", on the right Krzysztof Palester "Krzych". Photo taken 1 September 1944.

Soldiers from Group "Radosaw" after a several hour sewer march from Plac Krasiskich to ul. Warecka in rdmiecie district, early morning on September 2, 1944. The boy wearing a helmet in front is Tadeusz Rajszczak "Maszynka", behind him is Wiesawa Reiff "Sawa" - both from "Miota" Battalion.

Soldiers from Group "Radosaw", Battalion "Miota" after several hours marching through sewers from Plac Krasiski to ul. Warecka in the rdmiecie district, early morning on September 2, 1944. From left to right: Tadeusz Rajszczak "Maszynka", Kazimierz Gabara "uk", Mieczysaw Lach "Pestka"

20 August 1944, An insurgent armed with a rifle on the move at the corner of ul. witokrzyska and ul. Zielna.

Photo taken 24 August 1944, a German Fiat M14/41 lost in the fighting for the small telephone exchange building at ul. Piusa XI 19 (now ul. Piekna 19). Probably one of three tanks lost by the Germans on 3 August 1944.

German soldiers in Plac Teatralny with the Teatr Wielki (Grand Theatre) visible in the back, September 11 1944.

German tank, Carro Armato M13/41 near the maa PAST on ul. Piusa XI (now ul. Pikna).

An insurgent killed in the battle for the maa PAST on ul. Piusa XI (now ul. Pikna).

Staff of the Srdmiescie 2. region before the attack on the maa PAST on ul. Piusa XI (now ul. Pikna).

An insurgent armed with a flamethrower, place unknown.

Insurgents at the maa PAST on ul. Piusa XI (now ul. Pikna).

Destroyed vehicles behind the maa PAST on ul. Piusa XI (now ul. Pikna).

Knocked out German tank, Carro Armato M13/41 near the maa PAST on ul. Piusa XI (now ul. Pikna) after the capture of the building by insurgents.

Knocked out German tank, Carro Armato M13/41 near the maa PAST on ul. Piusa XI (now ul. Pikna) after the capture of the building by insurgents.

Armia Krajowa forces assemble at 'W'-hour in Wola.

Armia Krajowa forces assemble at 'W'-hour in Wola.

Soldiers of Battalion 'Pi' gather in the cemetery at 'W'-hour.

Soldiers of Battalion 'Pi' gather in the cemetery at 'W'-hour.

Insurgent from Group 'Radosaw' at the Stawki warehouse.

Barricade at the intersection of ul. ytnia and ul. Mynarska.

Soldiers of Aserbeidschanische-Feld-Bataillon I./111 subordinate to Kampfgruppe Reinefarth.

German troops advance in Wola.

Troops of Pionier-Sturm-Bataillon 500 pull an Sd.kfz. 303 'Goliath' down ul. Powzkowska.

The Prudential building is hit by a round from Karl-Gert 040 60cm Mrser Nr. VI "Ziu" of HeeresArtillierie-Batterie 638.

Karl-Gert 040 60cm Mrser Nr. VI "Ziu" of Heeres-Artillierie-Batterie 638 in Sowiski Park.

Searching the rubble of the destroyed building at ul. Kiliskiego 3 for survivors. An Sd.Kfz. 302 Borgward IVc Ladungstrger exploded here on 8 August 1944.

Buildings destroyed on 8 August 1944 by an Sd.Kfz. 302 Borgward IVc Ladungstrger that was captured by insurgents and later exploded. This is a view from ul. Kiliskiego of the buildings at Podwale 32, 34 and 36. On the street are insurgents from Company 'Anna' of Battalion 'Gustaw', they are on there way to ul. lepa.

An insurgent mortar constructed at the 'Wytwrni'.

An insurgent mortar constructed at the 'Wytwrni'.

An insurgent is helped out of the sewer exit at ul. Warecka.

An insurgent is helped out of the sewer exit at ul. Warecka.

An insurgent from Mokotw is helped out of the manhole at Ujazdowskie alley.

Soldiers of Group 'Radosaw' with some airdroped PIATs.

Insurgents armed with PIATs received in an airdrop.

Insurgents examine weapons on ul. Tamka which were received by airdrop.

Wreckage of Liberator KG-836 of 31 Squadron SAAF which crashed 14 August 1944 on ul. Miodowa after its wing hits a building while flying at 100m, there were no survivors. It was making an airdrop at Plac Krasiski.

Distribution of airdropped weapons at ul. Duga 15.

Insurgents gather up a parachute from an airdrop.

A round that hit the building at ul. Moniuszki 8 on 18 August 1944. It was fired from Karl-Gert 040 60cm Mrser Nr. VI "Ziu" of Heeres-Artillierie-Batterie 638.

A flight of German Ju-87 'Stuka' dive bombers over Warsaw on their way to bomb insurgent positions.

Insurgents at a barricade, the foremost man is armed with a prewar Polish Browning wz. 1928. The place is unknown.

German Ju-87 'Stuka' dive bomber over the Kampinos forest.

A German 20mm gun with an MG 34 mounted to the side mounted to the back of a truck was used by Group 'Kampinos'.

Jan Mazurkiewicz 'Radosaw' while still in Wola.

Insurgent man a barricade, unknown place.

Soldiers of Group 'Radosaw' after moving through the sewers from Stare Miasto.

Young insurgents from an unknown group.

Young insurgents

Young insurgents

Barbara Bobrownicka 'Oleka/Baka Wilta/Wilia' with fellow insurgents of Company 101 of Battalion 'Boncza' at the back of the Main Post Office.

Headquarters of Company 3 of Abttalion 'Kiliski' at ul. Grskiego 2.

View of the BKG building.

Civilians moving past a barricade on ul. Wielka.

Insurgents firing on the PAST-a building.

A German prisoner from the PAST-a building. He appears to be from a Heer unit due to the breast eagle on his uniform.

A view of ul. Kiliskiego before 13 August 1944.

Headquarters of 2 Platoon of the assault compnay of Battalion 'Wigry' at ul. Jezuicka.

Pather captured by Platoon 'Warek' Battalion 'Zoka'

A column of vehicles from SS-Sonderregiment 'Dirlewanger'.

Soldiers of SS-Sonderregiment 'Dirlewanger'.

Insurgents of the OW PPS unit commandes by kpt. 'Wagi' at the barricade at the intersection of ul. Wolska and ul. Mynarska.

Soldiers of SS-Sonderregiment 'Dirlewanger' fighting at the Bank of Poland building.

An insurgent fighting on ul. Dobra.

Insurgents at the barricade on ul. Czerniakowska.

20 September 1944, two members of the an SD units with two insurgents in front of ul. Grnolska 5/7.

4 October 1944, Br-Komorowski leaving the headquarters of SS-Obergruppenfhrer in Oarow. The headquarter guards are from Kosaken-Reiter-Regiment 3 and armed with captured Sten guns.

SS Stauferkaserne on ul. Rakowiecka, it housed the Panzergrenadier-Ersatz-Battalion for 5. SSPanzer-Division 'Wiking' as well as a Panzer replacemant depot.

1 August 1944, Armia Krajowa unit in Praga, the uprising on the east side of the Vistula lasted only four days.

Soldiers of tank Platoon 'Wacek' of Battalion 'Zoka' on a captured Panther tank near ul. Okopowa. From left to right Zdzisaw Moszczeski 'Ryk', unknown, Jan Uniewski 'Lumeski', Mieczysaw Kijewski 'Jordan', Jan Myszkowski Bagiski 'Bajan' and Jan Zenka 'Walek'.

18 August 1944, Armia Krajowa officers interogating Major Max Dirske.

6th or 7th August 1944, German soldiers fighting their way towards Saxon Gardens.

German soldiers from Kampfgruppe Reck.

Major Yuri Frolov (center) with the staff of the RONA Kaminski Brigade.

Insurgents from the NSZ Company 'Ziuk' on ul. Wieiska.

Insurgents of Battalion 'Chrobry II' at the barricade of ul. Sienna.

A Sturmpanzer of Sturmpanzer-Abteilung z.b.V. 218 and a StuG III most likely from PanzerAbteilung (Fkl) 3./302 (guiding an Sd.Kfz. Borgward IVc Ladungstrger) on Krakowskie Przedmiecie. The view is from Paac Staszic.

Insurgents with a PIAT in Stare Miasto.

Heer infantry, unknown place.

Two StuG III from 3./Panzer-Abteilung (Flk) 302 on ul. Focha attacking town hall and Paac Blanka. They are supporting Soldiers from Kampfgruppe 'Dirlewanger'.

Soldiers from Kampfgruppe 'Dirlewanger' is supported by a StuG III of 3./Panzer-Abteilung (Fkl) 302 during an attack on town hall and Paac Blanka from ul. Focha. The pillar is part of the Grand Theatre.

German Flak emplacement, unknown unit and place.

A StuG III of 3./Panzer-Abteilung (Fkl) 302 during an attack on town hall and Paac Blanka from ul. Focha.

A captured German car in service with an insurgent unit in Stare Miasto.

A captured German truck in service with an insurgent unit in Stare Miasto.

Captured Jadgpanzer 38(t) 'Chwat' at the gate from the Main Post Office to ul. Warecka.

On the right is a Panther of I./Panzer-Regiment 27/19.Panzer-Division. The Panzergrenadiere are probably from 19.Panzer-Division as well but may be from another unit.

A Panther tank of I./Panzer-Regimant 27 of the 19. Panzer-Division at the intersection of ul. Powzkowska and ul. Elblska.

Soldiers, probably from SS-Sonderregiment 'Dirlewanger', in the Czerniakow District.

Immobile Jadgpanzer 38 (t) 'Chwat' as part of the barricade seperating Plac Napoleona and ul. Szpitala.