You are on page 1of 3

New Student Programme Registration

Page Contents > Welcome to LSE! What happens at Registration? Before Registration
Documents required at registration When is Registration? Proof of Student Status

Welcome to LSE!

When you arrive at LSE one of the first things we ask you to do is to register on your
programme. On these pages, you will find information about registration for undergraduate and
taught post graduate students. Research students should refer to the Research Degrees Unit for

What happens at Registration?

In order to become an official student of the LSE, you must register in person. During registration
we check your eligibility to study and issue you with your LSE ID Card.
You are not required to choose individual courses (modules) at registration. For details on
registering for your course, please see the Course Registration web pages.

The School is committed to supporting students with disabilities, and we understand that many
impairments may be unseen. If you require special assistance at registration please do not hesitate
to speak to one of our staff. You can also email us at if you have any queries
or concern

Before Registration

Before coming to registration please make sure that you have;

Submitted all of your required admissions documents and completed your Financial
Undertaking Form. The Graduate and Undergraduate admissions teams will be available to
process last minute documents on the day but this is likely to significantly delay your
Collated all of the documents you will need (see below)
Gone to a Tier 4 workshop if you are planning to apply for a visa from from the UK

Documents required at registration

When you register we are legally required to check your eligibility to study in the UK. We do this
by checking various documents. The documents required vary depending on your nationality, visa
(if applicable) and level of study. If you do not bring the appropriate identification documents we
will not be able to register you on your programme. In accordance with UK Home Office
requirements, the School is required to make a copy of ALL students' passports or national
identity cards at registration.
All Students should bring:

Your original offer letter or a printed copy of your Statement of Confirmation

(undergraduates only)
Any outstanding documents to complete your application

UK and EEA Students should also bring:

Your Passport or National ID Card UK or EEA nationality, such as your passport or

national identity card.
A driving licence does not verify nationality and is therefore not sufficient for
registration purposes.
UK citizens who do not hold a passport can register with alternative documents but this
will take significantly longer. If you are registering without a passport, please note we
require the same combination of documents as required for a DBS application.

Students from outside the EEA should also bring:

Your passport
Evidence of your entitlement to study in the UK at LSE. For a detailed list of what we can
accept at Registration, please refer to the International Student Immigration Service.


Evidence that you are in the process of applying for an LSE Tier 4 Visa (usually the
application coversheet)
A copy of your current visa and passport.
If you are registering with a Tier 4 application in process in the UK, you should be aware
that registration is likely to take significantly longer. We cannot accept evidence that you
have a Tier 4 application in progress outside the UK at registration.
For further information about visas and immigration please see the Information for Offer
holdersand Information for New Arrivals sections of the Student Services Centre website.

When is Registration?
For the Registration schedule, please select from the following:

General Course Students
Executive Graduate Programmes
Research Students

Proof of Student Status

If you need documentation that proves that you have registered, you can print copies of your
Certificate of Registration approximately one hour after you have registered by logging into LSE
for You. Be careful to check that your addresses are up to date. The place you live during termtime (usually in London) should be your Contact Address and your family home (or international
address) should be your Permanent Address. Use the Addresses tab in LSE for You to update your
information if it is not already correct.
Bring the printed Certificate of Registration and your new ID card to the Student Services
Centre during opening hours to have the certificate signed and stamped by a member of staff. It
will then be an official document that can prove your status as a student.

Please do be aware that this certificate may not be sufficient to open a bank account. Visit Setting
up a bank account for details on the types of documents required by many banks local to LSE.


Welcome Week 2015

New Arrivals Checklist

Term Dates

Proof of student status