Sie sind auf Seite 1von 1

Delayed Registration of Birth ii.

Wrong Gender or Wrong Day or Month of

1. The requirements are: If the wrong gender is checked on your birth certificate
(e.g., Male is checked when you’re a female or vice versa),
a) if the person is less than eighteen (18) years old, the you need to file a petition under R.A. 10172.
following shall be required:
On the other hand, if both genders are checked or no
i) four (4) copies of the Certificate of Live Birth
gender was chosen at all, you will need to file a
duly accomplished and signed by the proper
Supplemental Report instead (more on this later).

ii) accomplished Affidavit for Delayed All applicants who will request for their gender to be
Registration at the back of Certificate of Live Birth corrected will personally appear before a doctor accredited
by the father, mother, or guardian, declaring by the government. This doctor is usually assigned at the
therein, among other things, the following: local civil registrar where you’ll file the petition.

 name of child; The purpose of the medical examination is to ensure no sex

transplant occurred prior to the request for birth certificate
 date and place of birth;
 name of the father if the child is illegitimate and has
been acknowledged by him; As for the wrong birth date, the administrative correction
only applies to those with the wrong day or month of birth
 if legitimate, the date and place of marriage of parents; on their birth certificates. Correction of the wrong year of
and birth requires a court/judicial proceeding.

 reason for not registering the birth within thirty (30) To file a petition to correct the wrong gender or wrong
days after the date of birth day/month of birth, bring the original and photocopies of the
In case the party seeking late registration of the birth of an requirements listed below.
illegitimate child is not the mother, the party shall, in
addition to the foregoing facts, declare in a sworn statement  Petition to correct the wrong gender or wrong day/month
the recent whereabouts of the mother. of birth (notarized). You can obtain this at the local civil
registrar where your birth was registered.
iii) any two of the following documentary
evidences which may show the name of the child,  PSA Birth Certificate containing the entry to be
date and place of birth, and name of mother (and corrected.
name of father, if the child has been
 NBI Clearance and Police/PNP Clearance.
 Certificate of Employment or Affidavit of Non-
 baptismal certificate; Employment.
 school records (nursery, kinder-garten, or  Elementary school records/documents. For applicants
preparatory); who never went to school, please submit an Affidavit
attesting to the facts.
 income tax return of parent/s;
 Medical records from the hospital/clinic where the
 insurance policy; applicant was born. In case the records are no longer
available because the hospital/clinic already closed
 medical records; and down, submit an Affidavit attesting to the facts.
 others, such as barangay captain's certification.  Baptismal certificate or other documents issued by the
church. In case no baptismal certificate or similar
iv) affidavit of two disinterested persons who document can be obtained, submit an Affidavit attesting
might have witnessed or known the birth of the to the facts.
child. (46:1aa)
 PSA Marriage Certificate and Birth Certificate of children
(for married applicants only).

2. Delayed registration of birth, like ordinary registration  Any 2 valid public or private IDs/documents upon which
made at the time of birth, shall be filed at the Office of the the correction will be based: Income Tax Return, bank
Civil Registrar of the place where the birth occurred. (46:3) records, PRC license, Land Title or Certificate of
Transfer of Title, driver’s license, company ID, voter’s
3. Upon receipt of the application for delayed registration of ID, SSS, GSIS, Philhealth, Pag-ibig, etc.
birth, the civil registrar shall examine the Certificate of
Live Birth presented, whether it has been completely and  Medical Certification issued by the city/municipal doctor
correctly filled in and all requirements have been or health officer after evaluating the true gender of the
complied with. (47a) document owner and ensuring that no sex
change/transplant took place.
4. In the delayed registration of the birth of an alien, travel
documents showing the origin and nationality of the  Fee: Filing fee of Php 3,000 (for local applicants) or
parents shall be presented in addition to the requirements $150 or the equivalent value in local currency (for those
mentioned in Rule 25 (1). (49:2a) filing the petition abroad). In addition to this, expect to
also pay a publication fee of anywhere between Php
1,200 and Php 2,500 as well as other notarization and
requirement-related fees.