Sie sind auf Seite 1von 10




Various work permits and forms are required for construction and construction-related
service activities such as: Penetration Checklist Utility Location and Excavation Permit Hot Work Permit Life Safety Aisle/Exit Impairment Permit Confined Space Entry Permit High Hazard Construction Safe Work Permit Permit for Energized Electrical Safety (PEET) Drain Connection / New Discharge Approved Form Fire Protection System Impairment High Voltage Pre-Job Safety Checklist / Electrical Shutdown Utilities Permit for Modification

The Seller shall initiate all permits required to perform work at the Kansas City Plant and identify permitting requirements in the Project Specific Safety Plan/Activity Hazard Analysis (AHA) and Daily Hazard Analysis (DHA). The Seller shall complete required permits and obtain all signatures prior to proceeding with construction work. All permits shall be up to date and posted at the jobsite. Hot Work Permits are issued by the KCP Fire Department. High Hazard Construction Safe Work Permits, Aisle Impairment Permits, and Utility Location & Excavation Permits are issued by Construction Management Associates. Many of these permits require advanced notice and coordination prior to work

High Hazard Construction Safe Work Permits

High Hazard Construction Safe Work Permits are issued for non-routine high hazard
operations such as but not limited to: Scaffold work (any height) Steel Erection

Use of Cranes
Helicopter Lifts Shoring Critical / Unusual lifts Concrete Masonry Wall Installation (> 8ft) High Voltage Work (Over 600V) Removal of roofing materials and /or the removal/installation of items that penetrate the KCP roof.

Permits may be issued on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis. Completion of this form requires participation of contractors with ES&H, Project Engineer and area owner.

Utility Location & Excavation Permit The Utility Location & Excavation permit shall be completed any time construction activity disturbs soil/sub grade, including penetrations through slabs/floors/concrete/asphalt where the soil/sub grade will be disturbed. Examples include internal or external excavation, trenching, soil borings, ground rod installations, or any other construction activity that has the potential to disturb a buried or encased utility in the soil. Requesting a permit: Minimum 3-day advanced notice is required to adequately research and identify hazards that may exist at the excavation site. These permits are generally issued on a daily or weekly basis depending on the operation. Permits may be issued for any period that is decided appropriate by the Project Engineer. Excavations should be reviewed prior to entry and the permits reviewed weekly as a minimum. Advanced notification is required to allow Buyer to perform a basic review of potential utilities in the area. Seller is responsible for performing work in a manner that recognizes utilities may exist that are not identified by the Buyers utility locating equipment (

Penetration Checklist

The penetration checklist replaces the class 2 penetration permit. The new checklist
allows the contractor to locate utilities and re-bar themselves in concrete 4 inches or less in depth. The checklist shall be completed prior to any saw cutting, jack hammering, drilling or penetration of asphalt, concrete ceilings, floors, columns, beams, roof ribs, concrete & metal roofs, footings, foundations, exterior slab on grade (concrete & asphalt) or suspended slabs (ramps, etc.) (See section 19 and Appendix Q.) Exemption - Work under construction the Seller has installed as a part of the same project does not require a penetration permi

Life Safety Aisle/Exit Impairment Permits

Life Safety Aisle/Exit Impairment Permits are issued for tasks that will require the aisle
to be partially or totally blocked for a period of time. If an aisle must have on-going work, then a permit will be issued to identify the work and materials that will be within the life safety lines. Basically no more than one half of the aisle (minimum of 36) may be blocked for a partial and the partial impairment must last two hours to require permitting. Total blockages require a 24-hour notice, considerable coordination and are generally permitted only on off-shift to keep the risk levels lower. Remember, if you block less than half the aisle for less than 2 hours, you do not need a permit.

Utility System Modification Permit

Utility system modification permit is required for all utility modifications, including those
that install or remove equipment. The Seller/CM/Planner shall file a permit with the designated Utility Engineer prior to construction. The permit shall identify the system, location of work, type of work and estimated duration of the work. The Utility Engineer shall review and return the request for approval within 3 working days. The permit shall reside with the seller until the work is completed and post-installation testing is performed. The Utility Engineer has the option to witness post-installation testing with 24-hour advance notice

Revocation of Permits Permits may be revoked for noncompliance violations. Upon revocation of the permit, the Seller shall submit in writing to the Project Engineer the corrective action that will be taken and action taken to prevent recurrence. If corrective action is acceptable, another permit will be issued. Revocation of a permit will result in the issuance of a citation.