Sie sind auf Seite 1von 16

Amul chocholates Market share decreased to 5% much less than market leader(79%) The awareness level of AMUL CHOCOLATE

E is very low. Performance of AMUL CHOCOLATE vis--vis other Brands. The consumer psyche has only 2 brands in mind Cadbury & Nestle

Chocolate market is estimated to be around 1500 crores (ACNielson) growing at 18-20% per annum Cadbury is the market leader with 79% market share The per capita consumption of chocolate in India is 300 gram compared with 1.9 kilograms in developed markets such as the United Kingdom Over 70 per cent of the consumption takes place in the urban markets. The chocolate wafer market (Ulta Perk etc) is around 35 % of the total chocolate market and has been growing at around 13% annually.

As per Euromonitor study, Indian candy market is currently valued at around USD 664 million, with about 70%, or USD 461 million, in sugar confectionery and the remaining 30%, or USD 203 million, in chocolate confectionery.
Entire Celebrations range marketshare is 6.5%

The chocolate market in India has only three big players, Cadbury(79%), Nestle(14%) and Amul (5%) New brands such as Sweet World, Candico and Chocolatiers are present in several malls. The largest target segment for Cadbury is youth. Delhi-based Chocolatiers, started with a small shop in south Delhis Chittaranjan Park and has now ventured into malls and multiplexes in NCR, Mumbai and Bangalore, with focus on high-end or designer chocolates, a niche market of their own. Candico India is aiming for 1000 locations across malls and multiplexes in the country by 2015.

Chocolate advertising rose by 30 per cent.

Maximum chocolate advertising was during Raksha Bandhan.

As expected chocolate advertising skewed towards kids channels and regional GEC took the second position Cadbury India Ltd rules chocolate advertising on television Regional GEC took the second place with a 21% share ad volumes of chocolates, followed by Hindi movie with 13% share. Cadbury India Ltd was way ahead of its peers with 66 per cent share followed by Nestle India Ltd and Parle Products Pvt Ltd During January-November 2008 the number of new chocolate brands advertised decreased to seven from 12 during 2007

Nestle Munch Pop Chocolate led the chart of new chocolate brands advertised on television during January-November 2008

Something to have just like that. Gifting

Target Audience
Everyone Youths, kids, Teenagers, Old. Different products for different age group

Marketing Mix(product)
Introduction of new range of chocolates to suit different targeted segments Variety Design Plain bars, filled, chocolate covered wafers, Sizes and Packages wide range to suit key price points and occasions

Pricing In line with Cadburys offerings Incentive schemes eg. Nestles Maha munch give more value for the same price Priced at key price points like Rs.5

Must choose a Brand ambassador- e.g.Rani Mukherjee for munch ( targeting youth), Cadbury is planning to rope in Genelia DSouza of JTYJN fame. ADVERTISING
Increase in frequency, At prime time. Must increase advertising expense from the current 1% of the revenue to 5-6% as done by other competitors

Make use of its strong distribution structure. Urban as well as rural. New Regional Sales Offices to increase width and penetration and focus in rural areas.

Must introduce Festival Gift boxes like cadbury Celebration. Must offer low-priced packs for the masses and launch new products to target different age groups. Must focus on the availability and affordability of its products. Should increase R&D spending to improve the quality & taste. Must introduce at price points such as Rs 1, Rs 2, Rs 5 (13gms), Rs 10 (26gms), Rs 15 (43gms), Rs 50 and even at Rs 100 Visibility at retails points. To increase the visibility of its products, target areas near bus stops, colleges, schools, cafes and places of entertainment like theaters and amusement parks.

Must enter into marketing alliances with various portals to offer products (on those portals that were developed for festive occasions and celebrations such as Valentines Day and Friendship Day. Rejuvenate and strengthen the existing brands Extend its reach to semi-urban and rural markets. Sell its products through 'non-traditional' outlets like music stores (such as MusicWorld), malls, renowned bookstores and popular apparel outlets (such as Pantaloons and Wills Sport boutiques). To put chocolate carts (similar to traditional bicycle ice-cream carts) in malls and near college campuses to increase its reach. Increase frequency of advertisement. Company should introduce sales promotion schemes like free weight, pranky, tattoo, contest, free gifts etc. Advertisement can be done with the help of animations that attracts children and teenagers because chocolates are consumed largely in this segment.

Chocolate Boutique
Amul must come up with its own chocolate boutiques. Form its own shelves in retail shops and take ownership of maintaining them.